PhD Positions in Singapore National Institute of Education 2021 is open for International Students, Domestic Students . The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore . The deadline of the scholarship is Open.
The National Institute of Education in Singapore is the only teacher education institute and is striving to achieve excellence in scientific research and the teaching of science and technology from pre-school to universities in Singapore and around the world, according to the QS World University Rankings in the subject of Education in 2015.
PhD Positions in Singapore National Institute of Education 2021 is available to undertake PhD level programs at National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
The National Institute of Education will provide study expenses in the following manner:
- The monthly stipend will be S$3,000.
- The Award will also cover the annual tuition fee and Employer CPF Contribution (for Singapore Citizens only).
- The scholarship shall be tenable for one year in the first instance and renewed annually, subject to the scholar’s satisfactory progress. The maximum period of the award is four years from the date of admission into the Ph.D. program.
- Students must perform teaching/ laboratory supervision duties to fulfill the requirements of the Graduate Assistantship Programme (GAP).
- There shall be no bond of service in Singapore attached to the program.
International and Domestic students are eligible to apply.
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- You are a local or international student seeking admission as a full-time candidate for the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programme at NIE
- You have a Bachelor’s degree with honors at least a Second Class Upper level, a Master’s degree in the relevant areas, and the ability to pursue research in your proposed field of advanced study
- You must not be on paid employment or accept paid employment or concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary, or top-up allowance during the prescribed period of the award
- The students must apply for the Research program using the university application portal. No separate form is required for the application of the National Institute of Education Ph.D. Scholarship. Candidates may apply for the opportunity by indicating in the online application form.
Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- An official transcript of detailed academic results
- Degree Scrolls / Certificates of Bachelor’s degree
- Transcripts of educational records
- One recent passport-sized color photograph
- National Registration Identity Card
- Two Academic Referee Reports
Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
Language Requirement: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 100
- TOEFL PBT – 600
- IELTS – 7.0